Jeni Durand-Canton, the owner of Edublox Kempton Park, started out on a personal journey when she joined Edublox as a tutor in 2017.
A recent Bachelor of Psychology Honours graduate from the Pearson Institute of Higher Education at the time, she quickly found herself to be a jill-of-all-trades at the office, becoming indispensable support to Alison Bourbier (the previous owner who opened the branch in 2010).
Initially sceptical about the Edublox approach, she became passionate about cognitive training when she noticed a dramatic improvement in her own memory. She recalls:
“On my first day, I sat in a class with a learner who could recall a sequence of 19 coloured blocks from memory. I could build four. Fast-forward a year later, my own memory had improved to such an extent that I could also build a sequence of 19 consecutive blocks, simply through teaching the class. I’ve experienced first-hand what Edublox can do, and what a powerful tool cognitive training can be.”
When the opportunity arose for Jeni to take the reins at the Edublox Kempton Park branch, she instinctively knew that this was the direction that her career was meant to take. Her extensive experience with children’s trauma counselling left her with the need to be able to provide tangible help to struggling kids – and a class setup provided the perfect setting for her to do so.
Jeni, who is a HPCSA Registered Counsellor, is excited to continue to see children blossom through the Edublox programmes. She holds a deep respect for the business and established team at Edublox Kempton Park and is looking forward to serving existing learners and building a strong relationship with current and new clients.
Edublox Kempton Park assists many schools in the East Rand area, namely Shangri-La Academy, Aston Manor Primary School, Maranatha Christian School, Curro Serengeti, Laerskool Kruinsig, Laerskool Edleen, Laerskool Birchleigh, Laerskool Impala, Laerskool Brentwood Park, Van Riebeeck Park Primary, Birch Acres Primary School, Bonaero Park Primary, Laerskool Northmead, Laerskool Rynfield and St. Dunstan’s College.
What Edublox offers
• An assessment of your child’s reading and learning skills.
• Edublox classes aimed at Grade 1 to 10 learners improve concentration, perception, memory, logical thinking, reading speed, spelling ability and reading comprehension.
• Mathblox classes are aimed at Grade 2 to 7 learners and set the foundation for grasping mathematics.
• The Edublox English Language Course is aimed at learners in Grade 3 and older.
• Intensive holiday courses, 1-on-1 courses and the EASY programme for accelerated progress and results.
• Studiblox course on study skills, study methods and study techniques for Grade 4 and older learners.
• School readiness classes for the little ones.
Tel: (011) 391-3215
Address: Unit 11, The Junction, 212 Monument Road, Glen Marais, Kempton Park