Nicolene is a woman who believes in diversification. Not only does she have a financial background, but she has also studied to be a Christian counsellor and is a wife and mother of three children. None of these, however, could prepare her and her husband for the pain of having one of their children diagnosed as cognitively handicapped. They went from pillar to post looking for help. The frustration of having their son rejected by one school after the other, combined with extensive research into cognitive remedial education eventually motivated Nicolene to open her own Edublox clinic in April 2012.
At that stage her son, against the advice of many experts, including a paediatric neurologist, was in Grade 1 in a main-stream school. Nicolene immediately started tutoring him with the Edublox tools and by November that same year he was able to read Grade 2-level Afrikaans and English fluently. “The development of his memory and concentration was remarkable,” says Nicolene. His report cards are testimony to his cognitive development and Nicolene still recalls his happy face when, after only a year and four months of Edublox classes, he obtained a 7 rating in four subjects on his report card. “He simply loves reading and has also done the Studiblox course. We have already started his Mathblox classes. He enjoys school and wants to excel. We are very proud of him!”
Dave’s mother, one of Nicolene’s clients, said that a recent six monthly check-up with the neurologist showed how Edublox had helped her son. “The doctor could not believe the vast improvement in my son’s reading. He commented on how Dave read with confidence and how much his reading speed has improved. I am over the moon.”
Nicolene has helped many learners from Dr Havinga Laerskool, Lantern Skool, Alma Mater Privaatskool, Millennium Laerskool, Monument Primary, Laerskool Krugersdorp Noord, Protearif Laerskool, Randfontein Laerskool, Rapportryer Laerskool, Christian Vineyard School, Kenmare Laerskool, Hoërskool Bastion en Hoërskool Monument, and “Kinnerlant” Nursery School and Aftercare Centre.
What Edublox offers
• An assessment of your child’s reading and learning skills.
• Edublox classes aimed at Grade 1 to 10 learners improve concentration, perception, memory, logical thinking, reading speed, spelling ability and reading comprehension.
• Mathblox classes are aimed at Grade 2 to 7 learners and set the foundation for grasping mathematics.
• The Edublox English Language Course is aimed at learners in Grade 3 and older.
• Intensive holiday courses, 1-on-1 courses and the EASY programme for accelerated progress and results.
• Studiblox course on study skills, study methods and study techniques for Grade 4 and older learners.
• School readiness classes for the little ones.
Tel: (011) 954-3867
Email: [email protected]
Address: 292 Voortrekker Road, Noordheuwel, Krugersdorp