Louna holds a B.Ed (Intermediate/Senior Phase) degree; she is a member of the Association for Mathematics Education of South Africa (AMESA) as well as the International Association for Cognitive Education in South Africa (IACESA).
Louna joined the Edublox family with nine years’ teaching experience. After graduating from Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) in Wellington in 2004, Louna taught at different schools in South Africa and for a number of years she also taught children from various nationalities at International Schools in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. As a teacher she encountered a universal problem in all her classes: children struggling with basic reading, spelling and mathematical skills. She experienced a sense of despair because no matter how much she wanted to help those children, she lacked the necessary knowledge to get to the bottom of their problems. Louna joined the Edublox programme when she realised that Edublox learners were given the skills to overcome their learning blockages.
One of Louna’s learners, Wiehan Lombard, age 12, Grade 5, joined the Edublox programme after having failed all his subjects. In just a few weeks his marks improved, in some subjects by up to 15 percent. “Wiehan is a diligent learner who regularly attends classes and these factors contribute to his success. I am very proud of his progress,” says Louna. “By the end of the course he will enjoy even better results.”
Wiehan’s parents say that he thoroughly enjoys the two classes he attends each week. “He returns from Edublox a positive and enthusiastic learner,” says Annalize Lombard. “These days he is even willing to do extra reading, an activity that he used to avoid like the plague.”
Dilline Laubscher, parent to Hayley, age 10, Grade 4 says, “Louna’s tutoring has an enormous influence on my daughter. Since attending Edublox classes she has gained self-confidence, she enjoys better results in her subjects and she no longer wants to simply give up on homework. Her memory and her concentration have also improved considerably.”
Louna opened the Edublox Boland franchise in 2013 and has helped many children from the Paarl, Wellington and Franschhoek communities to bridge learning obstacles.
What Edublox offers
• A scientific assessment of your child’s reading and learning skills.
• Edublox classes aimed at Grade 1 to 10 learners improve concentration, perception, memory, logical thinking, reading speed, spelling ability and reading comprehension.
• Mathblox classes are aimed at Grade 2 to 7 learners and set the foundation for grasping mathematics.
• The Edublox English Language Course is aimed at learners in Grade 3 and older.
• Intensive holiday courses, 1-on-1 courses and the EASY programme for accelerated progress and results.
• Studiblox course on study skills, study methods and study techniques for Grade 4 and older learners.
• School readiness classes for the little ones.
Tel: (021) 872-5040
Email: [email protected]
Address: 9 Dorp Street, Paarl