Gené du Preez holds a BA degree in Biblical Counselling and Psychology, and is a member of the Association for Mathematics Education of South Africa (AMESA) as well as the International Association for Cognitive Education in South Africa (IACESA).
After graduating from the University of North West in Potchefstroom in 2011, Gené du Preez has helped more than 300 learners improve their reading skills through her Edublox Clinic. “I believe the knowledge I have gained through my studies as well as my natural inclination to value a strong relationship with my community has helped me to become an established franchisee,” says Gené. “I have the opportunity to make a difference. It is an honour and a privilege for which I thank God.”
According to Gené every child she works with makes a life-changing impression upon her. Daniel Walkinshaw arrived at her clinic in 2014 as a Grade 2 learner. Initially Daniel completed two intensive courses. “From the beginning I found his characteristic drive and motivation astounding for an eight-year-old. Daniel continues with weekly classes and his reading has improved immensely.”
Mr Pieter Burger, principal of Laerskool Phalaborwa says: “The reason that I always refer learners to the Edublox Clinic is because I realise the value of Gené’s input into the lives of young ones.”
Since starting her first Edublox Clinic in 2012, Gené has helped learners from Laerskool Phalaborwa, Laerskool Phalaborwa Noord, Fauna Park Primary School, Hoërskool Frans du Toit, Kingfisher Private School and Bushveld Bethel Christian Academy.
What Edublox offers
• An assessment of your child’s reading and learning skills.
• Edublox classes aimed at Grade 1 to 10 learners improve concentration, perception, memory, logical thinking, reading speed, spelling ability and reading comprehension.
• Mathblox classes are aimed at Grade 2 to 7 learners and set the foundation for grasping mathematics.
• The Edublox English Language Course is aimed at learners in Grade 3 and older.
• Intensive holiday courses, 1-on-1 courses and the EASY programme for accelerated progress and results.
• Studiblox course on study skills, study methods and study techniques for Grade 4 and older learners.
• School readiness classes for the little ones.
Tel: (015) 781-7305
Email: [email protected]
Address: 39 Lekkerbreek Street, Phalaborwa