Marina holds a B.Ed Honours (Educational Psychology) degree and is trained as an Integrated Learning Therapy Practitioner; she is a member of the Association for Mathematics Education of South Africa (AMESA) as well as the Institute for Advancement of Cognitive Education (IACE).
For the past 20 years, Marina has been using her educational expertise to change lives for the better.
What prompted her to have her own Edublox franchise? Her years at the University of the North West’s reading and learning department, where she worked with students and young learners on a daily basis, inspired this move. It was during this time that Marina realised that when reading and learning skills are not up to standard, students suffered serious backlogs in their academic work. Opening an Edublox outlet was the logical next step for Marina in becoming part of the solution.
“Creating a positive, edifying learning environment where learners feel safe and happy, are respected for their uniqueness and given individual attention is what makes Edublox such a success,” says Marina. “I teach children that if they have the skills and the self-confidence to reach their full potential, they can excel, and it will become part of the rhythm of their lives.”
More about Marina:
- Over the past seven years, it has been a privilege for Marina to witness how many learners achieved their full potential – not only academically, but in the arena of leadership as well as achievement in terms of cultural activities and sport.
- The best part of her day is when the children enter the clinic and start babbling about their day at school.
- Feedback from satisfied and proud parents is her motivation to carry on every day – despite the challenging times we are experiencing.
- The one thing she wishes for parents from Potch to know, is that Edublox is not only for struggling learners. Edublox can also help average students to become top achievers!
- “Thank you to Edublox, for online registration so that the cognitive exercises could continue, and for Marina being a dedicated tutor that continued with weekly sessions via Zoom. Sanri excelled academically through the Covid lockdown period.”
- Another satisfied mom writes that her son repeatedly received intervention letters, but has not received a single one since starting Edublox!
- The Edublox testimonial library can be accessed here for a full list of Edublox success stories, including those from Edublox Potchefstroom.
Edublox Potchefstroom makes reading and learning fun!
What Edublox offers
• An assessment of your child’s reading and learning skills.
• Edublox classes aimed at Grade 1 to 10 learners improve concentration, perception, memory, logical thinking, reading speed, spelling ability and reading comprehension.
• Mathblox classes are aimed at Grade 2 to 7 learners and set the foundation for grasping mathematics.
• The Edublox English Language Course is aimed at learners in Grade 3 and older.
• Intensive holiday courses, 1-on-1 courses and the EASY programme for accelerated progress and results.
• Studiblox course on study skills, study methods and study techniques for Grade 4 and older learners.
• School readiness classes for the little ones.
Email: [email protected]
Address: 9 Olivier Street, Potchefstroom