Monique holds a Diploma in Education, and specialises in Remedial Teaching. Monique is also a member of the Association for Mathematics Education of South Africa (AMESA) as well as the International Association for Cognitive Education in South Africa (IACESA).
Monique taught for ten years before deciding to investigate the cognitive development potential of Edublox programmes. At first, she helped children from her home. After seeing the incredible results that she could achieve in a relatively short period of time, she joined Edublox as a franchisee in 2011 and has not looked back. With so much success from the first franchise, Monique opened a second Edublox clinic in 2013. Monique’s business success won her a Business of the Year Gold Award at the 2013 Roodepoort Chamber of Commerce and Industry /FNB awards ceremony. A nomination from one of her clients in 2014 meant Edublox was recognised as one of the top three businesses in the education category at the same award ceremony a year later.
Monique has many learners with remarkable stories. Grade 7 learner Ryan Lindecke battled with reading so much that he could not really understand the material and this led to poor performance during tests and examinations. Ryan enrolled for Edublox classes and has since surpassed the grade average. Ryan’s teachers have noticed his outstanding improvement, achieving an A+ for his Maths term paper, and a steady improvement in Natural Sciences, from 52% to 67% to 89%!
Cassidy Ryan’s progress is another example of the extraordinary results Monique achieves. Her teacher, Mrs Botha from the Jubilee Christian School said she knew that Cassidy had a learning difficulty as early as Grade 1: “Cassidy would get distracted easily and worked very slowly. Her concentration level was very low and she struggled with Mathematics and reading.” After Cassidy started Edublox classes, “the change has been incredible,” says Mrs Botha. “She is now one of our top students! We have seen a marked improvement in her Maths. Her reasoning skills have improved significantly. She is our star reader and she can identify and read words that are of a higher level than the average learner in her group. Cassidy has changed from a shy, quiet little girl into a self-confident and diligent worker.”
Monique’s West Rand clinic has been operational for five years and caters for children from Muldersdrift to Weltevredenpark and Horison to Helderkruin.
What Edublox offers
• An assessment of your child’s reading and learning skills.
• Edublox classes aimed at Grade 1 to 10 learners improve concentration, perception, memory, logical thinking, reading speed, spelling ability and reading comprehension.
• Mathblox classes are aimed at Grade 2 to 7 learners and set the foundation for grasping mathematics.
• The Edublox English Language Course is aimed at learners in Grade 3 and older.
• Intensive holiday courses, 1-on-1 courses and the EASY programme for accelerated progress and results.
• Studiblox course on study skills, study methods and study techniques for Grade 4 and older learners.
• School readiness classes for the little ones.
Email: [email protected]
Address: 19 Ouklip Road, Roodekrans