Alida holds a degree in industrial engineering and her work experience includes 10 years as CEO in the corporate world. There are, however, many facets to this career mom, one of which is a passion to help struggling learners. This interest was kindled in 2009 when her son was diagnosed with dyslexia. After numerous attempts to help him, she decided to have him assessed at an Edublox clinic, a life-changing experience for both of them. Not only did Alida notice a change in her son’s attitude towards learning, but his confidence blossomed and his marks improved. The impact was permanent, he scored above average in high school, and went on to tertiary education at university.
In 2015 Alida also enrolled her daughter at an Edublox clinic and again experienced remarkable results. It was the massive impact that the Edublox classes had on both her son and daughter that brought about Alida’s career change and today this industrial engineer is the proud owner of her own Edublox franchise.
Alida has first-hand experience in identifying learning and reading problems and she has the ability to support children and parents to overcome these difficulties. Patience and love are among her many virtues while her process orientation to problem solving and structured thinking are qualities that guarantee her success as tutor and manager of Edublox Witbank.
“I want to give every child the opportunity to excel within his or her ability, and I want to offer every parent who is battling with a child with learning problems the solution to overcome this burden,” says Alida who knows the feeling all too well.
Edublox Witbank officially opened in March 2016 and serves Laerskool Taalfees, Panorama, Klipfontein, Reynorif, Kragbron, Tasbetpark, Robert Curruthers, and Witbank Primary, among others.
What Edublox offers
• A scientific assessment of your child’s reading and learning skills.
• Edublox classes aimed at Grade 1 to 10 learners improve concentration, perception, memory, logical thinking, reading speed, spelling ability and reading comprehension.
• Mathblox classes are aimed at Grade 2 to 7 learners and set the foundation for grasping mathematics.
• The Edublox English Language Course is aimed at learners in Grade 3 and older.
• Intensive holiday courses, 1-on-1 courses and the EASY programme for accelerated progress and results.
• Studiblox course on study skills, study methods and study techniques for Grade 4 and older learners.
• School readiness classes for the little ones.
Tel: (013) 692-4679
Email: [email protected]
Address: Unit 17, Corridor Hill Crossing, Langa Crescent, Witbank