If you focus the rays of the sun through a lens, they can burn cotton or a piece of paper, but the scattered rays cannot. When you concentrate, the various “rays” of the mind are collected and focused on the object of concentration.
Concentration is the ability to focus the attention on one single thought or subject, excluding everything else from the field of awareness. It is one of the most important abilities one should possess, as nothing great can be achieved without it.
- Learners need to concentrate and focus on completing a homework assignment, a project, or review for a test in order to excel in school, learn the subject, and get good grades.
- Athletes need to concentrate on performance, execution, and strategy in order to do their best and overcome their opponent.
- Entrepreneurs need to concentrate on all the factors involved in starting a new business and promoting their product or service. They need to do this in order to get their idea off the ground and make their enterprise into a profitable entity.
- Business leaders need to concentrate on their company mission, vision, and strategies, as well as the work at hand, in order to stay ahead of their competitors.
- Workers need to concentrate on their jobs and fulfilling their supervisor’s goals, in order to complete projects and advance in their careers.
Unfortunately many people lack the ability to concentrate. Their attention usually wanders, without being able to fix it on one subject for any reasonable period of time.
Many people think that concentration is an inherent ability that one either possesses or does not. This is simply not true. Concentration is a skill, and as any other skill it has to be acquired, after which one’s proficiency at it can be constantly improved by regular and sustained practice.
Edublox improves concentration. Listen to a mother’s story: