Jonelle obtained her degree in B.com. Industrial Psychology and Labour Relations in 2015. After a life-changing experience, she dedicated her life to helping others — especially children. She has since completed the advanced Play Therapy course by Dr Rinda Blom from Red Shoe Play Therapy, and managed a reading centre in Benoni. It was after the birth of her son that she decided to move back to her beloved hometown, where she is now the proud owner of Edublox Lephalale.
“I believe that every child has the potential for greatness; we just need to equip them with the right tools to help them realise their dreams and aspirations,” she explains. “That’s why I’m so happy to be at the helm of my own Edublox franchise. I’m excited about great things to come as part of the Edublox family!”
What makes you happy in your personal life?
I value quality time with my family on the farm. I have a great love for the outdoors and enjoy activities like golf, fishing, hiking and photography.
Why are you passionate about helping children?
We have a responsibility to do good and to inspire change and give hope. Working with children is not only a passion — it’s a calling.
I value the journey and enjoy seeing children thrive as they build confidence and discover their true potential.
What is the best part of your day at Edublox?
- When I see those big smiles and hear the words “I don’t want to go home”, it just makes my heart melt!
- Seeing the children every day brings me absolute joy. Each child has such special characteristics. Seeing and celebrating those small victories like: spelling a difficult word correctly, progressing to the next level on the Online Tutor program, reading the set of words correctly for the first time.
If you could give one message of hope to parents in your area whose children are struggling with reading and learning difficulties, what would it be?
I would like to quote one of my favourite quotes: “Together may we give our children the roots to grow and the wings to fly.”
I firmly believe that each child has the potential for greatness. Sometimes all it takes is a different approach to teaching and learning. At Edublox Lephalale, we walk the extra mile to make sure that your child grows and develops academically and emotionally.
What Edublox centres offer
- Edublox classes aimed at Grade 1 to 10 learners improve concentration, perception, memory, logical thinking, reading speed, spelling ability and reading comprehension.
- The Edublox English Language Course is aimed at learners in Grade 3 and older.
- Intensive holiday courses, 1-on-1 courses.
Cell: 083-228-5174; Email: [email protected]
Address: 79 Kameeldoring Road, Onverwacht, Lephalale